Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Better than i imagined.

Spent most of the early part of yesterday sleeping… or should I say catching up on my lost hours. Figured I’d venture out into the city and do a bit of shopping. Yes, one of many things that women enjoy doing and some how are good at. I refrained from buying any more baby Ts, since my shelves at home can’t house any more. Even trying to colour co-ordinate the shelves don’t work since majority of my Ts are either black, dark shade of gray or coal. There is a serious need to fish through my wardrobe and dispose of items that haven’t seen the light of day in the past year or more.

Having to restrain myself from buying most of the items I tried on, I ended my shopping excursion with a top from Little Match Girl and these really cute ¾ shorts that looks like a skirt from the front. And 3 other tops and comfy 3/4 laze-around-kinda pants from random other stores.

And as much as I don’t follow the current trend of tops that are accompanied with a thick belt that wraps around your rib cage. I gave in and bought this white one that was designed in such a way that if layed it out it looks like one big rectangular sheet folded in two [much like an oversized pillowcase] but with openings for my fat head to fit through. And a small section stitched along the sides just so my arms can hang freely. And with that fantabulously poor description, I’m sure I didn’t do justice to the actual piece but trust me, not only does it emphasise my small cup size but it flattens the beer belly... 2-n-1 bonus! But I’m not sure when I’ll wear it but I figured it’s about time that I start dressing A LITTLE bit better to work.

Then when I had enough of walking from one store to another and the balls of my feet were close to being numb. I met up with an ole’ college mate who happened to be in town for holiday with her hubby and bub, Adam. It had been awhile since I saw her and to see her little boy asleep on the bed made me realize how grown up we all are. As we sipped pink champagne and spoke about the past, it dawned on me how much has changed.

I then received a message from the club owner, to say that she’ll pick me up from the hotel. We made our way there and served me an ice cold Stella. I did the short tour of the place and took various shots of the venue. After a short discussion, we headed over to St James Powerhouse [an old coal-fired power station that will soon be transformed to house 9 different clubs under one roof]. Currently only 2 clubs are open and the other 7 should be done up soon.

Payed the entrance fee to Movida [known for it’s live entertainment and ‘World music’ sound]. Was impressed with the fading lights on the walls and the 4 screens that covered the upper section of the walls, although the space was quite small in comparison to previous clubs i've been to. And apart from the 3 of us and the other 3 occupied tables, the place was bare. And by the looks of it, the other table was for the band.

But before the band started and after i drank my whiskey + water, we trotted along to Dragonfly [known for its' Mandarin Pop entertainment and live band]. We arrived and they were playing commercial dance hits... one of Kylie's remixes. And considering it was a Tuesday, there was quite a number of people there.

We didn’t stay too long since our mission was only to check out the new venue and i was knackered. But it’ll be interesting to see what the dance club ‘Power House’ will look like as it is said to boast 10,000 square feet.

But all in all, it was a short and semi-sober night and was amazed at how many clubs this small country has to offer, with even MORE clubs being opened in 2007. Perhaps people are spoilt for choice here, i dunno... but if only KL would have such super clubs like that and a place for my boys to play at, that would be a nice dream.

No comments: