Wednesday, May 17, 2006

01 AUG '03 - 17 MAY '06

Yay! I saw my dad last night because he was in KL for business. I was in a pissed off mood because of what else, but work. So the first thing i did was ramble on about how shit my day was and how stressed i was with all the shit that i have to do now. Then he said it... "Chris, you look haggard" and my response was, "I KNOOOOooOoow... thanks. You don't look too hot either". Mind you, my 60 year old dad and 64 year old mom just returned from Europe last week or so to attend my grand mother's funeral. But with the joys of work stress, it has abled him to soldier on... what a fuckin' champion he is! LOVE LOVE LOVE. I had MORE caffeine [probably not so good, since i've been told to cut down] with my soon-to-be-ex-client and eavesdropped in on the "adults" business-to-business chit chat.

On another note: You would be so proud...

I have actually started packing my books in boxes that my dad managed to hunt down last night [kindly brought to my doorstep with love by my dad + his two colleagues]. THANKS DAD! I refused to let them see my place since i had all my stuff from the office layed out near the front. One could say it resembles the aftermath of a good frat party or a bizarre that sold things that no sane person would probably ever need. So my dad waited by the lifts to make sure that i got into my apartment, whilst i threw flattened and unflattened boxes inside my hell-hole. If i were practising for the 'Worst Shot Put Championships', i think i'd be in the Top 5!

Lainey: i think i'll STILL need them boxes, i still haven't gotten to packing my "warm clothes"... ehehe.

So there was my motivation... An apartment full of cardboard and barely enough space for my arse to fit on my sofa. So by 10.30pm i was busy wiping off dust and shifting books from one end of my place to the other into boxes. The boxes are quite small (originally used to transport Scotty Paper towels and HP printers) but DAMN those books carry a bit of weight once they're all together. I've already used up about 8 of them! I figured i'd save me and my friends spinal injuries if i reduce the weight in the boxes. I ended up passing out after taking some Stilnox at around 5am.

I've arranged for my neighbor to look over my place on Monday evening instead of tomorrow. There's no way in hell i'd be able to clean up by then. Plus since the place is fully furnished i have to separate what's the landlord's items and what's mine. Plus i know i'll just mess it all up once i clean it, so figured i'd do the hardcore industrial scrubbing on Monday. I'm like all decked out with black rubber gloves and bottles of cleaning detergents. I'm so glad the stereo, Astro and the tv will still be there when i clean on Monday cause i can't clean in silence.

By the time i settle in [this is after i've perved at all the "possibly" available guys + possibly gals], i bet my new neighbors will be wondering what all the racket is all about at 5am. There they'll witness a pint-and-a-half sized tattooed and pierced shadow somewhat intoxicated crawling up the steps to the second floor. Then listening to me fumbling around upstairs trying to turn down my JBL ipod speakers [YEA MAN! My future wishful purchase baby].

So let me go back in time for abit... I joined the agency on 01 AUGUST 2003 and TODAY [17 MAY 2006] is my last day. I nearly made it shy of 3 years! I am the longest running Design members left... next would be my Senior designer but he's got another year to go to beat my record... oh so much has changed in the last 2 years!!! I can't tell whether i'm sad or just damn fucking tired! My 10 minute walk down the hill to the office was accompanied by Ganjaguru's Bass Control [shamelessly pimpin' for ya Nick... ehehe...] blaring from my headphones.

Then i thought... THIS IS the last time i'll be walking to work from my current place *sigh*

FINALLY... this day has come and i can't pin point a PARTICULAR emotion. I am currently feeling an omelette of relief + sadness + irritation + tiredness + laced with a heavy dose of stress!

mmmmMmm ALCOHOL sounds good... right about now.

4 comments:

Minang Bercakap American said...

Kudos on the blogsite!

Anyways, sad that you're leaving, woulda been great knowing with.

With addiction towards coffee and the dying thirst for an apple, I bet youre one cool person

Rae, trainee creative at LB that joined last week and kept nosing at your place while you blog.

Peac Out

winkris said...

Awww yea i remember you. You introduced yourself to me last week... and caught me blogging... for the umpteenth time... ahhaha.

Well what else can i say but... GOOD LUCK! And be prepared to put in the extra hours, trainee or senior... if ya love what you do, you won't mind NOT having much of a social life whilst you're here... ahaha.

YC said...

babe, i just remembered that MrPhoon's right up at the penthouse in the same building with ya.

and every morning when the driver drops him off b4 me, i could have had breakfast with u in their crappy grappa!!!

winkris said...

omfg, are you serious!? Damn! Well now... now i know... a tad too late though.

Yea i man... and be served by the waitress that looks like she's got a stick up her arse but still needs to get laid! ahahha...

OH how i will miss Crappa's and the sweet oily smell of the 4th floor food court... ehheeh.