Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Not so short farewell email.

Well hello there!

It seems like only a few weeks ago that I was nervously waiting to have my interview with iLeo for a position as a Graphic Designer (for the benefit of the new comers, that was the below the line creative department for Leo Burnett). That was on 1st of August 2003. As like most newcomers at LB, I was impressed with the grand entrance and the pool table (unfortunately, i can’t play pool to save my life and the pool table is gone but i do know how to drink).

Eager to make an impression in my first week I dressed up in heels, a collared shirt and trousers (those who were in LB in 2003 will remember). It didn’t take long for me to realise that dressing like an Account Executive was not meant to be. Eventually my dress sense had gone from corporate to extremely casual (the stereo typical Creative). A few will remember my oversized baggy jeans and cords and my long black hair down to my hips… Oh times have changed! I could go on and on but I know you all have work to get back to. So I’ll make this quick.

Today (17 May 2006) is my final day as a Burnetter.

To my AE’s (past and current): Thank you for raising my blood pressure and harassing me for work over the years... i'm only joking. It’s been a pleasure to work with you and I apologise should I have made your life as an AE hell. I wouldn’t be called Creative for nothing... ehehe. But i did get the job done!

To the Arc Creative & Design team: It has been a rough ride for us all but stick with it and you will succeed! I am grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of such a dedicated group of passionate/creative individuals and wish you all the success and happiness.

To Finance: I apologise for my late Timesheets updates and claims submissions. I'll be sure to complete them before the due date this time and before i leave.

To my friends that I’ve made over the years at LB and Arc: I will miss you and am making every effort to hold back my tears and emotions. But thank you all so very much for your wise words, company and last but not least your friendship.

---

But they say, the world is a VERY small place, I’m sure I will bump into you in the near future. Should you be bursting with fruit flavour and want to contact me... here's my email address christina.roozemond at gmail dot com.


Cheers,
Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, did you go to Dover Court International School? :) I cant really tell from your pic but you seem familiar and so does your humour lol

winkris said...

Anon: In fact i did, Dover Court Singapore. Although i doubt my style in writing and flair is similar back then since i was only 10 or 11 years old.