Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tales of a Ghetto Arse laptop

Well i am no longer an employee at LB. I picked up my passport from the office because they had to cancel my work permit. And i had to return my key card. So for old times sake i decided to use the back door and use my key pass for the last time. Then said a few hellos and had a few chats with my colleagues who evidently looked even more tired then the last time i saw them. It's only been a week or so but already, the stress of one less designer in the office shows on the faces of my ex-colleagues... poor them.

The traffic outside was horrendous, as usual. So decided to make full use of their electricity and charge my ghetto arse laptop. The new HardSequence write-up is due, so i figured i'd sit down and get crackin'. Once that was done, i made my way to Low Yat Plaza (where i am now at because my D-Link USB adaptor is fucked up and has decided to have issues. It's only been 2 weeks! So i told my sad story to the guy at the Mac Store and because he's such a champion, he's updating my software. Hoping that the version that i'm running on doesn't support it. *FINGERS CROSSED*

So because i have no shame, i'm standing in the mac store blogging. Yes, i have been deprived of the internet and my only entertainment for the past few days is unpacking and my new Kensington Ipod dock that connects to the TV! The one item that i probably can't live without. I don't have a stereo but my 60GB Ipod photo packs in shit load of tunes ranging from Country to Schranz! Yes, i admit it... i can sit through listening to Country... NOT ALL... but some soppy country tunes are nice.

So until i'm hooked up to the internet, i'll be flouncing from Starbucks to Starbucks abusing their wifi. Oh and until my beautiful MacBook arrives in the second week of June... *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey you! sounds like you're getting back into the swing of things. at least you can take a little break before starting the new job :)

anyway, what i'm really here for is to tell you that i found this really nice website. the lady writes about self-help stuff and meditation. you should really read the whole thing. i keep going back and reading it a lot and it's really made me think about stuff you know?

This is the website but you should read her post about self-love.

it sounds all a bit touchy feely or hippy-ish, but really it's an interesting read at minimum.

take care and will prolly talk to you on the weekend if yer gonna be with mum n dad.

winkris said...

ooOooer,,, will check it out... cheers!