Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I want but can't have.

Last night i spent a few more hours clearing up my desk space and removing pictures, flyers and posters off my wall. I found a picture of 3 of my ex-colleagues and i at the Kancils in 2003. And why doesn't it surprise me that there was a beer in my hand... ahahha. So fresh and so eager to be part of the corporate world. If i looked hard enough i could see a spark of ambition and drive in my eyes. Little did i know what the next 3 years would hold for me. But yes, i did start feeling a bit sad and emotional. Not only are they partly responsible for my medical condition but the amount of blood, sweat and tears that have been shed over the past 3 years at this company... will be remembered *sigh*

I admit... i will miss the friends i've made here. All our drunken adventures, yelling, bitching, gutterville chats, Black Label hogging and ramblings =(

STOP... I shall save the tears for tomorrow...


I still have about 1/3 of my files still in my cupboards, which intend to clear up by the end of the day. It's so strange to be able to see my actual desk since it's usually covered with paper and useless items. My collection of white plastic forks that i've collected in the past few months sit quietly in a glass next to my pens and papers (for what reason, i have no idea... YES I AM A FUCKIN' BAG LADY... it's horrible and i can never part with my posessions).

Basheer Graphic Books (an excellent bookstore located in BB Plaza, that has a range of design books). Usually every month or so, the guy will drop by the agency with a collection of the latest books for us eager designers to browse through and possible purchase. We can take the book and then pay later (if cash is not available at time of purchase). I owed Basheer RM150 and said farewell to my crisp two RM100 bills. Then he's like, oh you should have a look at this book, i think you'll like it. So i thought, fine... there's no harm.

AND NOW... NOW... i can't stop thinking about it. It's an illustration book with examples of various illustrators works in various companies from around the world. It's content is gorgeous and i envy designers who have the patience and drive to create such works of art. The book is called illusive : contemporary illustration & its content. [Oh gawd, i hate not having a disposible income right now!!!]

I LOVE IT and I WANT IT!

So if any of you see this book on the shelves, go have a browse. It's got some excellent compositions and ilustrations. But i must focus and that is get my fuckin' priorities right! Design books MUST have to wait! There is more important things right now! CONCENTRATE! I'm trying to convince myself that there will be an even better, more bad arse book out there... patience... *sigh*

But i'm adding this image in, ONLY because i absolutely am IN LOVE and i'm obsessessed with the illustrations done by Simone Legno (an illustrator and graphic designer) better known as Tokidoki. Here is an example of his stuff... *drools* I want a huge muthafuckin piece on MY WALL!

ooOOooooer!


My weaknesses:
Alcohol, Nicotine, Kick-arse Arty-farty-funky Graphic Design & Illustration books, Silver/white gold jewellery, Black coloured clothing, Toiletries shopping, Picking up USELESS items that I THINK i might need but probably don't, Wrigley's Extra Whitening Sugar Free gum (must be the one in the silver packaging) and [to be continued].

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMFG! i am completely in love with tokidoki!

erreeesssseee

winkris said...

omfg... NUGGET IS THAT YOU??? *huggles*

Yea man, Tokidoki rawks! He's got some amazing stuff there *sigh* I WANT!