Sunday, May 28, 2006

Pre-blog ~ 25 MAY

It's 12.52am on May 25th on a Thursday and i'm writing this entry because i have nothing better to do cause i don't have Streamyx yet. My ghetto arse computer has been having issues all day. I had my share of an espresso frap just now and my body is fueled with caffeine. This caffeine fix should last a few hours, so i'm releasing my angst and laying out my issues for you all to absorb momentarily [don't you feel like the chosen one].

But mainly cause my sleeping pattern is all fucked up [yes i know i shouldn't really be drinking coffee since that only prolongs my awake stage... oh well fuck it]. It doesn't really bother me what time i sleep, just as long as i see some part of day light and get most of the days' errands done.

Well the following short stories, is what has happened to me today and that is worth whining about...

----- Part 2 of Tales of a Ghetto Arse laptop -----

So after taking advantage of the Mac store's spanking new 19" wide computer screen, super dooper fast hardware and reading through various leaflets/postcards of new releases, I figured i'd check up on my ghetto arse laptop.

The guy at Mac Studio at BB Plaza [Look for Kar Kiet at Mac Studio at BB Plaza, he'll help ya out... THANKS SO MUCH] was kind enough to update my Mac and check why my D-Link USB adaptor doesn't allow me to connect to the internet. After pacing up and down the mac store wondering why my comp was having issues, eventually the store was closing for the day.

The dude was nice enough to walk over to the Starbucks to see if i could bludge off their wifi AND THEN when it finally did, the fucking' piece of crap would freeze! MOTHER FUCKER... not once but a total of five times in a span of half an hour. It was damn annoying [i swear, he has HEAPS more patience than me, i sooOo couldn't be a computer technician]. My patience as it is isn't good, imagine dealing with even MORE fucked up situations.

BUT i am determined to get my old skool baby in working order and despite the swearing and repetitive outbursts such as "i swear i'll grab this ONCE-WORKING-IN-PERFECT-ORDER bitch of a laptop against the wall!" [Of course, i wouldn't have the heart to throw this baby against the wall... are you mad?] i still love it dearly.

So yea, tomorrow i have to get my arse back to the store, so Kar Kiet can figure out why my computer keeps freezing and hopefully perform some miracle that will fix any bugs that linger in its' brain.

And only then can i finally start doing some work online!

----- TELEKOM loves being my BITCH -----

But if that's not a hassle, i'll tell you what is! My fuckin' land line is still NOT connected! There i was excited that the fucker decided to install my line but soon would have to wait for 24 hours for it to work. FINE,.. ok, i can deal with 24 hours.

HelloOOooo it's been 37 hours now and still no dial tone. I've pressed every single bloody button on this caller ID phone that Telekom gave me [which i probably paid for but they conveniently say it comes for free when i install a line]... question is, WHAT LINE? So yea, i have a phone that plays 8 ringtones, a green LCD screen that requires 2 AAA batteries and has an inbuilt calculator BUT no fuckin dial tone. Please tell me what the purpose of that is!? I would probably get more satisfaction if i purchased those kiddie mobiles that play annoying high pitched nursery rhymes and have hidden candy inside... hmMmmm that's a thought.

Ok back to my Telekom drama, so the fucker tells me, if line DOESN'T work i should call him but says he hopes i don't call because that would mean that there would be something wrong with the line. SO YES FUCKER, BE PREPARED! Cause i'm gonna call ya and tell you what a fucked up job you did in installing my line [of course i won't say it in such colourful terms, i'm not thaaaat rude but he'll definitely be apologising like there's no tomorrow once i'm done telling him how fucked up this is]. Damn man, it's so fucking irritating when a company doesn't deliver their promises!

Where is the damn customer service when you need it?

----- BITCH you wasted my time -----

Oh and if that's not bad enough, i found out just now that the job that i was working on for weeks and was nearing FA stage (Finished Artwork, basically ready to go out and print), the client says that they have to cancel the job because of the cost. In lay man's terms: We have no more money to pay for your designery creations... WHAT THE FUCK MAN?

So not only did i waste hours on doing changes after changes and re-conceptualizing the whole damn thing... but NOW it's not going through to print. FUCK MAN, there i thought, i'd have at least ONE decent thing to add to my folio,

All i can say is, FUCKING WANKERS, if you can't pay for it, don't make us work like dogs to get it done on time and then say... ooOOops sorry, it's too expensive but thanks for spending hours making our stupendous changes and racing to meet our fucked up deadlines... when really, we just wanted to add to your haggard look.

Ok enough with the bitch fest, it's clouding my thoughts. I'm going to continue listening to Joss Stone on my new Kensington iPod TV player thingamajig... *happy thoughts, happy thoughts*

----- MY SANCTUARY -----

Oh but one last thing to add to my caffeine loaded dribble. Now [as of an hour ago], for the first time, in a long time it has dawned on me... I FINALLY FEEL LIKE I'M HOME. A cosy getaway that i can chill and feel somewhat at ease... for now that is, It's a strange but pleasant feeling as it's been a long time, since i've felt this way. But now that i'm thinking about all my BITCHES, it's starting to irritate me *sigh*

Well anyway, as i was telling Lainey in an SMS earlier, all that's missing is a lazy cat and a glass of WHITE wine... NOT red, i'm not feelin' thaaat seXXXay... ahahhaha [sorry, personal joke].

2 comments:

laineylashes said...

hahahAHAHahaha..red wine & "well helliioouuu neighbour!!" :D :D :D

winkris said...

well hellooOOooo there neighbour! ahahha... would you care for some wine?

I swear, if i ever say that or anyone says that to me, i'm so gonna crack up.