Friday, November 10, 2006

7 is my number.

The days are inching faster towards the closing chapter of 2006. Close to the middle of November and my Christmas list has yet to be made. My bank account continues to deplete as the days are starting to feel shorter.

And at last the working week is over. Slightly intense and have met various deadlines, i sigh a huge relief because i had my monthly doctors' appointment yesterday morning. Arriving just 5 minutes late but having to wait because she was still seeing a patient. I got slightly restless.

I trotted off to get my 2nd Thyroid blood test. There was no small talk, only simple instructions to sit down and put my arm out. Feeling the needle prick my arm as he sucked a decent amount of my blood with the syringe, i kept myself busy by staring in the opposite direction. Repeating a i-hate-needles mantra in my head to keep me distracted.

Hoping there's no drastic changes to my Thyroid test as there could be a possibility that my Hyper could turn into HYPOthyroidism if i don't take the right dosage of meds. It's slightly complex and who would have thought such a small gland would be responsible for so many dramas.

I returned to the A&E and it was my turn to see my shrink. A short discussion and update this time round. And informing her that the past few weeks have been positive. Confidant that at last, things are finally making a turn around.

So being charged RM1,067.78 on meds and consultation fees to my ever expanding credit card balance, i exit and make my way back to the office. And in approximately 8 weeks time, the 7th of January to be exact, i will be weaned down from 150mg to 75mg.

But having been on the same dosage for the past year and a half [minus 1 month], i will start 2007 with one goal in mind... one New Year resolution. And from the time i could remember, i always said that when i'm 27 something good will happen but unsure what it it'll be. Now, only a few months away, i have high suspicions what it might be.

If all works out, i will be anti-depressant and thyroid meds free by the time i turn 27 in March 2007 *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

ooh u're a 7 person too...?
in that case... *toes crossed too*

winkris said...

=)