Monday, November 13, 2006

Appreciate HARD DANCE in JUNK Nov 2006

[Image courtesy of Junkonline.net]. Not too long ago i was asked by a mate of mine whether i'd mind answering a few questions about my views on Hard Dance. If it meant i didn't have to leave my desk, i said, sure why not.

Having studied in Melbourne and having a taste of the rave scene, was probably one of the best things that came out of my 5 years of being there, apart from my education.

Putting aside the dance style, i developed a passion towards a harder beat. Walking into a club with the bass turned up and a beat that no doubt would make me move my feet. Hard Dance is like no other.

Back in Melbourne, going to clubs was not as simple as rawking up before midnight. People would make an effort to dress in colourful threads and adorn themselves with kiddish jewellery. It came part in parcel for those ravers who got sucked into the scene. For those few hours people could check-in their egos and worries at the door and once they paid for entry, they could dance their issues and frustrations away. Strangers became friends and respecting ones' space was taken seriously.

And unlike conventional clubs where you'll find girls on the dance floor huddled together with either their hand bag tucked neatly under their arm or conveniently tossed to the one minding the drinks. Cutting it loose whilst dancing to a banging track on the dance floor is more for a personal satisfaction than a mission to be picked up.

In a post i had written in a previous blog some time in June 2005, i made a declaration...
I realised how much i love music... listening to hard beats, feeling the adrenalin build up and then... waiting for the bass to drop... it's like a miniature orgasm each time! I fuckin' LOVE IT! My heart races and the beats surround me like invisible dots that bounce off my skin... my body temperature rises. My muscles in my body relax and move slowly in tune. I breathe the music... and for a moment, i am One with the music. I can be alone in a room or surrounded by thousands of people... the rush of excitement races through my blood as it runs its course throughout my body.

It's an addiction... it's pure... it belongs to me.
And i am so proud to say that Hard Sequence celebrated their one year anniversary in July 2006, of which time it's been an amazing journey. I admit the scene is predominantly ruled by males but of late i have seen an increase of female punters attending HS events.

I admit, we're a tight family and we look out for one another. Each and every one of us who are part of the HS crew have their part to play in making each night a success. It's a joint effort that makes Hard Sequence different from other club nights. We're all good friends and have one sole purpose of bringing our passion of a harder beat to the masses.

Hard Sequence is more than just the quality tunes, it's about the DJs, our supporters, the friendly faces and the positive vibe that each punter gets as the night comes to an end. It's that satisfaction that makes all the effort and planning all worthwhile.

So i'll see you at the presales counter and on the dance floor... cheers... xox.


2 comments:

Me said...

Ooo errr ;)

winkris said...

I know riiite... teehee ;)