Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Red is the colour of blood.

It's strange how the mind captures memories and people. And how it all gets muddled up the minute one falls into deep sleep. For many of us, dreams are remembered and often forgotten the minute one hits their morning shower.

And at one point, i could clearly remember every single detail. And having difficulty differentiating what is my conscious and subconscious self.

But thankfully, in recent weeks my sleeping patterns have regulated. With the exceptional nights that i sit glued behind MattEbony because Smooks has decided to fall asleep on my mouse pad and feed off the warmth whilst i cruise online using the track pad.

And like a new born, taking short naps just so i can rejuvenate myself, i wake up and return to what i was doing prior to my siesta. No dreams, just silence.

But my dreams are starting up again. And although it's been so long since we came face to face, he remains engraved in my psyche. There was a time when we were able to sense when the other was thinking of the other, despite being thousands of miles away. It's starting up again. The only difference is i don't think he's thinking of me. But if like a freak of nature, he is, it's probably best that i don't know.

On another note, my hormones are balancing out [and NO this is not an announcement to say my eggs are ripe but to say my moods are controlled]! *Bursts out with a song and dance* And finally i have a job that isn't the cause of stress related bald patches and anxiety attacks... definitely not a pretty picture. The road to recovery is definately bumpy but it sure beats being in a hole.

I have my second appointment to see my thyroid doctor tomorrow.

So hopefully, with my second blood test done last week, he will be able to tell me whether i can reduce my meds or take me off them completely. And now all i have to do is maintain this lifestyle and constantly remind myself that MY HEALTH COMES FIRST.

Talking about blood, it got me thinking about my food intake. Any blood thirsty carnivore will debate that humans are built to function as meat eaters and not vegetable eating rabbits. Formerly proud of a digestive system strictly made for farm animals and refusing fish unless it came boxed, breaded and deep fried.



And believe it or not, it's been nearly 4 years [in March] since i ate my last piece of meat. And by meat i mean not one that is attached to another being... [yes YES i know the gutter talk still is alive and kicking]. I'm starting to wonder about all the amazing food that i'm missing out.

I'm not sure whether it's the lack of vitamins and red meat in my diet but i have read that individuals with an O+ blood type should in fact consume red meat. Most importantly reduce their protein intake [which in my case, i would have failed at since i am a self made pescatarian]. But that could all be bollicks since the person who came up with that theory was probably a burger eating whore [no offense].

And being part of a blood type that is universal, i am capable of having my blood transfused to others. But the sight of a puny little needle sucking out my blood terrifies me. And believe me no amount of milo or sugared cookies will make me feel better. I am convinced the many weeks spent in hospital as a young child has in fact traumatised me for life.

Odd, since i can tolerate the jabbing of a needle to adorn myself with 14 piercings. And lately, i'm considering redoing one that i had previously done but had taken out and has now closed up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tis true, when you were just a wee coconut you were in the hospital so much :( I have a memory of visiting you and I remember you looked so ill just holding your teddy bear. Makes me sad to think about it.

btw MSN is all kinds of fuct up so I haven't been able to get on it. gawd I hate that thing. *shakes fist*

love you! <3

winkris said...

Yea and that fuckin' nurse drew a BIG dot in a blue biro on my cabbage patch kid's forehead because she wanted my kid to be indian! *grrrr*

ahahhaha... but yea, that's pretty much all i remember.

loves you tooOoo

Anonymous said...

ROFL OMG I remember that. Mum was sooooo fucking pissed off....

I can't stop laughinggggggggggg