Saturday, November 18, 2006

I live in a star shaped mess.

The benefit of living away from home is the privacy and own schedule one can live by. No nagging voice that echos "have you tidied your room yet" or "what time will you be home?"

And pretty much living on my own since i turned 18 [not including the one and half years i was in boarding school]. No, i wasn't cast out of home because i misbehaved, i went overseas to further my studies. Which like most teenagers, spend a ridiculous amount of my parents' money so i can get an education which would hopefully get me a job that would pay for my own expenses and rent.

Nearing 27, i rarely tidy my place unless there's company and that usually entitles throwing the clutter somewhere else. And apart from the occasional late night i spend in the office. I'm usually home just as the sun goes down and don't leave the property til i need to get to work. And because HS has taken a break for the past month, i find myself cooped up at home watching reruns or random DVDs. I seriously have no life.

Then yesterday as i sat on my couch surrounded by my unfolded laundry, ripped up tissue that Smooks had got his curious claws on and various rolled up plastic bags. It got me thinking... i need to get my act together... SOON.

It's come to the point that even if i close one eye and ignore the mess, it doesn't work anymore.

I spent this morning lying beside Smooks and noticed that in the past month and a half his dark ash coloured coat has lightened and he's developed more whiskers. And noticed how when he curls up, his arse doesn't fit on to my blue Mogu star shaped pillow [which he has conveniently hijacked].

I contemplated whether i'd waste yet another weekend in bed but i decided to get my lazy arse out of bed by mid day and be slightly productive. And today i will attempt to tidy my place and eliminate the clutter.

No comments: