Saturday, November 25, 2006

Friday to Saturday but feels like it's Sunday.

I can't decide whether the past 13 years of clubbing has finally made me want to tone down or that i'm actually 'tired' of the whole scene [not including Hard Sequence or BAXX nights of course]. Or it could be that i am in fact getting older and the whole get up and get jiggy with an equally intoxicated stranger doesn't do it for me anymore.

So Friday i decided that i'd make a guest appearance at Zouk. My second home once upon a time and a regular at the Recharge Area. It so happened that SuperOrganisedStoreroom was celebrating his birthday there the night that Armin Van Buuren [recently voted #2 DJ in the world] was playing.

By the time i arrived, the line was already getting quite long. And as usual, i made my way to Terrace Bar to meet up with my mates for beers prior to going in. When DJ Irritating, the birthday boy and entourage arrived, i made my way outside waiting in line with the rest of the people. But with a few DJ Irritating spoken words to the manager on duty, we waltzed straight in and got our hands stamped.

And the door girl, whom i used to see every Wednesday through Saturday had recognised me and was surprised she remembered my name. It must be at least 4 months since i was there last. [Sometimes i wish my memory skills were better].

As the night progressed and i stood somewhat stationery and failed miserably at avoiding being smooshed by strangers. I sent a sms to Chook to see where he had disappeared, as i had in fact made my way back to Terrace after i knew where the party had their table.

Ended up at the Recharge Area, sitting at the table that my arse once familiarized itself with. But oddly enough, the seats didn't feel as comfortable. The majority of faces surrounding me were unfamiliar. And as usual when a familiar track came on, everyone went ballistic. Looking from the balcony on to the lower ground and where the dance floor was, it was packed like sardines in a can.

I spent the next 2 and a half hours checking the time and wishing that i had the power to fast forward. I sat on an available seat and made small talk with people i knew and did a bit of shoulder rocking and that's just about it.

We ended up leaving around 2.30 because the birthday boy was going to continue the party at his place. So with a few pit stops and more drinks, we eventually made it there.

By morning we made our way to DJ Irritating's place and took advantage of the pool. I later spent the next few hours swimming, pruning and lying on the edge of the pool partly submerged in the water. Our tanning mission was cut short as the blue sky was replaced with heavy clouds and threatened a down pour.

At which time, i figured it probably would be a good time to actually head home. And knowing that at 8pm i had a surprise 30th birthday dinner for Iggy Piggy, a mate of mine from back in college [more detail and pictures of the night will be in the next post].

So now half a shade darker and with obvious tan lines where my bikini covered my flesh, i am starting to feel certain parts of my body feel slightly more roasted. That's what i get for not putting on sunscreen.

Feeling like i had no recollection of time, my Saturday felt like a Sunday for some reason. I figured that listening to the soothing water dripping from the pool into the drain just added to the whole I-am-on-holiday feel. The longer i let my fingers and toes to prune, the more of my built up stress dissolved. It had been awhile since i chilled by the pool and with the added good company... it made it just a little more special. So thanks to them all.

2 comments:

Curio said...

I think I understand how you feel.
Back in Melb, I used to spend a lot of time at QBH, Sirens, Dome, etc, and I could not live without the bass beat. As I continue to become older, maybe its hormones or stress or whatever, I find it increasingly hard to do these things regularly, though I do enjoy it every now and then. You'll be fine. =)

winkris said...

Oh don't get me wrong... i absolutely love it when we have our events, it was practically every week. However this unexpected break has made me turn to genres that i wouldn't normally listen to when going out.

Plus i've noticed a shift in the young new wave of clubbers... and i find myself irritated.

BUT i'm totally lovin' the comfort of lounging at home. So yea, i know, it's all good.