Friday, November 03, 2006

Have you seen her?

It's already Friday! The past few days have gone by so fast the last thing i remember was sitting in the back seat of Llama Llama's car staring at the clouds as we were driving back from Malacca... that was 5 days ago.

I have seriously lost track of time. I've been so obsessed with getting this project under control that suddenly it's hit me. What happened to the Chrissie that would be itching to be going out and dressin' in her hoochie skirts and flouncing around in heels? The little lass who would continue to fill up her glass with more whiskey whilst all the other girls shimmied themselves on the dance floor. Has she gone on an extended siesta? Has she moved on to limbo?

My PeepToeSlingBacks have exposed themselves in public once in Malaysia and the second time in Singapore amongst lambos and array of Japanese food. Now they sit pathetically near my front door amongst my other neglected shoes.

And i was chatting to friend of mine on msn last night. And as he blatantly mentioned, our friendship in real life goes as far as 'hello... hug... hug... bye' and our chats online isn't all that deep and meaningful either. Constantly asking me why i don't talk to him and only answering back with one or a few words.

My answer to that was, "i dunno... i have my moments".

Sometimes i wonder, my moments where i bump into people [the same people] i have very little to talk about. But other times, you'll see me rambling on and barely inhaling enough oxygen to keep my words coherent. Maybe it's those hyperactive atoms and ions that canoodle and breed with one another. The invisible connection that hovers around 2 people when they converse. Maybe... who knows.

Then i wonder, perhaps this selective conversationalist attitude gives strangers an impression that perhaps i am either moody, shy or that something is bothering me that i suddenly aren't talking their ear off.

Moody; i admit i can be a grouchy bitch... i blame my hormones and the build up of stress. Shy; depends on who i'm with and my relationship with the person. Although the introduction of alcohol does buffer the timidness. And if there is something bothering me, which is very likely, i get lost in my own thoughts and like an artists' canvas, my facial expression paints a thousand words.

Still unable to swallow 3 little pills every day for some strange reason not because i don't want to... it's because i honestly forget. Worried that i may take a double dose, i usually wait and by the time i remember i forget whether i had ACTUALLY taken it or not.

Everyone has their own daemons, mine just so happens to be my shadow.

2 comments:

Curio said...

Chrissie..its ok..we all have our moments n moods. Some just avoid ppl or do a great job of hiding it.

Real friends will deal with it. Our job is to manage it and not make life miserable for others with our moods.

And, so sorry for your overwriting your files but it happens. i'm sure we've all kena-ed b4, but u know, i cant stop myself laughing. hahaha.

winkris said...

curio: yea, i was having a bit of an emo session earlier but yea... it's all good.

Oh and yea about those files... oh well.