Tuesday, November 14, 2006

On the other side of the scale.

Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits


Tired of listening to what's on the radio, i thought i'd dig up my old CDs. Before i even knew what pirated or downloadable meant [mind you, i still haven't figured out the whole limewire business].

Anyway, prior to leaving my place this morning i rummaged through my CD case that stored random genres. So chucked it into my new red mary poppins bag and off i went to work. I got into the office and unzipped the case. And it was like flipping through a photo album, the CDs that sat untouched for over a year suddenly sparked memories. Cranking up the volume and momentarily taking me down memory lane.

One particular album that opens the gate of happy memories is Nightmares On Wax: Carboot Soul.

Chilling back on a raining weekend at my [then] boyfriend's place. Incense burning and the lights dimmed low. Playing a game of scrabble because there was nothing better to do except for the obvious [which was then done after... ahaha]. The game had rules but they were made up as the game progressed. Specifically remembering how he tried to convince me that 'yo' was a word and would entitle him to scoring triple. I can't remember whether i agreed.

But i do remember those were happy times... we were happy.

No comments: