Friday, November 24, 2006

Me and my 6 inch Stanley...

So i got myself a 6" Stanley yesterday. There it was just chillin' with the others, all various lengths. Locked behind a glass door, i'm only assuming so randoms wouldn't have the opportunity to do a five-finger discount. Followed by the excuse of suddenly getting amnesia should they walk out the store "by mistake" and get caught.

But the minute i saw it, i knew he was the right size. My petite sized hand grabbed hold and i caressed the sides. Glanced at the minimal design on the packaging and read that it was BUILT FOR COMFORT. And that's exactly what i was looking for. And let me tell you, i've had some cheap arse dinky ones and they definitely don't do the job.

I figured an extra inch wouldn't be necessary since i already had one that was bigger and although it has gone past its expiry date, it is definitely a life saver should i need a spare.

I got home and hacked my way through the plastic packaging. Eager to see how it would fair, i was eager to finish what i had started. But i only got so far before my hand hurt.

And before you even think anymore perverse thoughts, my ProjectBlockSmooksFromBaseJumping had in fact done more damage to my palm the night before than i thought. Still very bruised and slightly swollen, i decided to let my 6" Stanley pliers familiarize itself with all my other crummy tools whilst i hung on to an ice cold can to reduce the swelling.

And decided i deserved an early night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha my sister the handyman!

see you next week (or whenever you come home next)! <3 <3