Sunday, November 26, 2006

Envious

Iggy Piggy's birthday dinner write up is on hold until i receive the photos. Which i am unsure when i will receive, so instead i will entertain you with some fantabulous, exceptionally beautiful digital artwork that i found on deviantART.

So my business card and work permit declares that i'm a designer. But the title itself is so vague. The categories and branches extend to all sorts and trying to describe to people what i do, me being a graphic designer can be explained in simple terms; anything printed and that involves building up a brand. Examples are logos, packaging, brochures, stationery, posters, books, layouts etc.

Basically i try to brainwash the masses by getting them to want my clients' brand.

But apart from my limited design capabilities, experience and computer skills, somehow or rather i have managed to squeeze some creativity and that has landed me a job and results that my boss appreciates. Two very important factors especially when it comes to the end of the month and i receive my pay cheque.

And lately, i've spent hours browsing through strangers' galleries, amazed by some of their artistic talent. Whether or not they've been trained or by a freak of nature was given the gift naturally, i am simply blown away. A sucker for photography and in particular fetish art for some reason. I am inclined to levitate towards images that have a theme or are slightly on the dark side.

But i am looking to remove the crappy framed pictures that still remain hanging on my rented walls. And surround myself with inspiration and artwork/prints that reflect what i believe beauty in art is.

And one deviant member i have decided is my ultimate favorite is that of Kassandra-Cassie. There are a few that i would LOVE to get printed huge and framed and if i can't find anything remotely as beautiful, i'll try and contact her to see if she's willing to do them commission based.


Milk by *Kassandra-Cassie on deviantART


End of Summer... by *Kassandra-Cassie on deviantART


Mistery. by *Kassandra-Cassie on deviantART


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've loved her work for ages. DA is such a great place to see wonderful works of art, truly :)

4 more days!

winkris said...

Yea they're amazing! I waaaaaant! =(