Monday, November 20, 2006

I've missed you too.

One of the first things i do when i reach the office, apart from switching on my mac, is make my way to the pantry to make an instant coffee. A sad excuse for a caffeine boost especially when i can buy an adrenaline filled cup down the road.

But never mind, i'm here and it's free so i can't complain. I've slightly overdosed in instant Ipoh White Coffee, so Nescafé was my second choice [in fact, my only option].

AnBloodyMumNoMore bought a mini bottle of milk last week. I clearly remember it wasn't that long ago, so figured it would be safe. There was no curdling or funky smell. And as usual i mixed my rendition of a mocha = 1 heapful of coffee + 1 heapful of milo + 1 teaspoon of sugar. Content that i would be using REAL milk as opposed to powdered milk, i trotted along to my desk to continue work.

After a few sips, i realised there's something really iffy about this coffee. Perhaps it was in the first stage of expiration or perhaps my taste buds have suddenly decided to be more picky. And then evil thoughts of me being violently ill and racing to the bathroom filled my head.

I ended up pouring it down the drain and made my usual = 1 heapful of coffee + 1 heapful of milo + 1 teaspoon of sugar + 2 powdered milk teaspoons.

Unsatisfied, i decided to check my email and lo and behold, i receive an email from Hudsons Coffee. It's been more than 4 years since i got off the tram and made my way to their branch before i'd enter building 88.


No comments: