Saturday, November 18, 2006

Calories? What's that?

Because i can, i ordered Domino's. Having ordered the same deal since i found out that Domino's delivers in my area, i punched in the number on my phone. After repeating 'yes' a few times when the order taker took my order. It would have saved him time if he only said, "will that be the same, Miss Christina?" I admit, i have tendency to eat the same thing over and over until i get sick of it.

It's Saturday night and the only calls that's come through my phone today were from my dad. My phone is by far a hotline for eager pursuers. If anything i get more SMS' from clubs giving me reminders of what nights they're having and nights that i never attend.

The sudden temporary disappearance of HS and BAXX nights has converted me into a wall flower and couch potato. In simple terms, a loner.

On one hand, i bitch and moan that i'm single and secretly despise couples who can't stop oogling over one another. Perhaps it's because i'm not the one being oogled over or am not responsible for displaying a perverse amount of affection for the world to see.

I wonder whether having been in an 8 year relationship has in fact ruined my chances of finding a partner. But if HE can find another partner, why can't i? I'm not that horrendous or that ugly.

So maybe i'm not into flouncing around in my high heels and sucking in my gut. Maybe i'm not into the latest fashion trend and have a style that copies every other girl.

And what if i like the company of my kitten, who vaguely understands the word "NO". Do i get credit if i have an opinion and feel passionate about certain things in life? And what if i only speak one language and can't communicate when people speak a dialect i don't understand.

Does that make me difficult? Does that make me not fit in? Perhaps boys find me intimidating therefore i'm not an easy catch. But could it be that i don't fit "the ideal" cookie cut of a partner and i don't flaunt that innocent façade.

So in my single mind frame, i shall continue to feast on my Value Meal 3 in silence whilst watching cooking adventures on Travel & Living. But now i'm wondering whether i should have matched my large sized pizza with an icy cold beer.

No comments: