Monday, November 20, 2006

POSSESSED and NO means NO so STOP.

Having installed my new grill door on my balcony, i was pleased that i could finally keep my sliding door open without having Smooks running out and attempting to base jump from the second floor.

At first the little tyke was curious and meowed non-stop. Which was when i reassured him that everything was ok and he sniffed the polluted air. Then as i was unpacking my groceries he comes running from behind and tries to bury himself INSIDE the plastic bag. [Awww, so cute the furball wants to play hide and seek].

And almost instantly this adorable peek-a-boo game turns violent. And as though someone had shoved a lightning rod up his arse, he begins sprinting around the room and only stopping so he can latch on to my ankle.

So with a firm "NO" and a shove, suddenly those angelic eyes transform and his pupils dilate. The devil's spawn has been reincarnated and has possessed my kitten. "OH MY FUCKING GAWD... FUCK OFF!" [My neighbors must wonder sometimes because of the yelling]. But trying to shake off a four legged creature who thinks i'm a walking piece of meat is no easy task.

Keeping my 3 and a half month kitten happy with his fetish for plastic bags and rolled up tissue. I'm relaxed when he spends time tossing it around and carrying it from point A to B to Z. So attached in fact that he sometimes brings the plastic bag into bed and i wake up with it neatly tucked behind me.

So anyway, eventually he calms down and i decide to cook myself pasta for dinner. And no more than 15 minutes i see him eyeing the grill door. And like a four legged spider man, he attempts to climb to the top at record speed. At which time, i'm bolting from the kitchen to the balcony and plucking him off the grill door just in time before he reaches the gap at the top.

I've realised unless supervised and when my energized spidercat gets sleepy is when i can keep the sliding door open. Otherwise i risk losing him to the outside world or worse a reversing car.

Oh i can't wait for him to fatten up so he can't fit in the gap and the sooner he can wear his collar with a bell the less mini heart stopping moments i'll have.

No comments: