Wednesday, November 22, 2006

T3 and T4 = NORMAL

I am absolutely over the moon because i went to see my doctor about my Thyroid. And the results have come in.

But let me tell you what my very first T3 & T4 levels were back when my GP was a bit suss and suggested that i should take a blood test. And as suspected, i was told that my levels were extremely high and i was confirmed to have Hyperthyroidism. And NO dont' be silly, it's NOT contagious, don't worry.

OK so i can't remember what it all means except that i was told my levels were nearly double of what is considered normal. So huge thanks to KatieBaby [Hayden's girlfriend/fiancé] for insisting that i should get myself checked out because physically, the various symptoms were showing. It was obvious that something was wrong.

MY RESULTS | WHAT IS NORMAL
31 JAN 2005

T4 : 231 | between 58 - 155 nmol/L
T3 : 4.16 | between 0.69 - 2.16 nmol/L
TSH : 0.06 | between 0.49 - 4.67 µtu/ml

But alas, i got my results...

MY RESULTS | WHAT IS NORMAL
10 NOV 2006

T4 : 14 pmol/L | between 9.1 - 24.4 pmol/L
TSH : 1.10 mlU/L | between 0.30 - 4.50 mlU/L

And within 14 months my levels had finally normalized. March 2006 was when i had my last blood test done and the results were encouraging. But having changed doctors/hospitals, i was told that i should recheck my thyroid since there is a huge possibility that my downward spiral a few months back could have been related to that butterfly shaped gland that sits in front of ones' neck. [seeeee... i am jinxed when it comes to butterfly shaped things =p]

And again, having no idea what that all means or whether i got the symbols right. But i've been told that i remain within the NORMAL range! My doc insists that i continue with my meds but i've been reduced to ONE Carbimazole a day as opposed to starting with SIX or EIGHT per day [i can't remember]. And not to underestimate the small little pill that looks like an Equal artificial sweetner because like most "little/petite/pint" sized things, they're usually packed with tremendous power... ehehe.

And having followed a routine weight check, i have lost HALF a kilogram... woooOoopy-doo-da-day! So yea, great news for me and YAY for the gland that controls my hormones and what nots. And after all that good news, i rambled on about how i'm NEARLY cured but was interupted and was told i have a 50% chance of getting it back again...

Hmmmph
... well nooOoooow. Think happy thoughts... tra la la la la!

6 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

yay for you...
i'll think happy thoughts for u too! :D

winkris said...

Cheers hun =) Yay indeed *nods*

Anonymous said...

I don't want to ruin your happy day but, there IS a My little pony game :\

there's a game store chain in the US called Gamespot and they have this display at the front called "Gamez 4 Girlz". I'm already pissed off that they have to spell it that way because apparently they think girls don't like to spell.

the games we get are: My little pony, Disney's The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventures, Cooking Mama, That's So Raven (a game where to fight you spray perfume and swing your purse).

seriously.

anyhoo lol I'm sooooooooo happy about your results you have no idea! I wish I could hug you right now.

I'm going to get the results of my own blood test today :o\ but I think it's all good in the hood!

LeeWah said...

Congrats on "normalising" your levels Chrissy!

Defiantely a step in the right direction to living a healthier life.

Now you can tick that off in the little book of "Things to do..." :D

tek said...

congratulations :)

winkris said...

Boobers: Oh my gawd! Waaah got bloods taken out issit!? ahahah =p

Dave: Cheers hun, appreciate the support =)

Tek: Thank you, thank you... i couldn't have done it without the help of... *thinks* fuck it... *skips away tossing her Equal looking med in the air* ehehe.