Thursday, November 02, 2006

Let the Race begin.

After fiddling around with my graph and making a few adjustments, i got distracted. Looking at each spread one right after the other, hoping that i hadn't missed anything out and praying to the Oh Mighty Quark goddess that she doesn't turn her back on me again, i clicked closed the window.

Checking the time it was just past 4am and Smooks had decided to do his morning marathon and it so happens where i sit is in his path. So as an obstacle he leaps from the ground and like a scene from Cliffhanger he attaches himself to whatever he can latch on to, be it material or flesh, and onto my lap.

Lunging at my keyboard as if my lap is a spring board and lying on my new keyboard protector. The silicon shield that fits snug over the key pads acts as a yoga mat for his morning stretches. I now have mini slash marks on its surface, no thanks to the extra vitamins that make Smooks claws grow at an impressive rate.

Eventually i make my way to bed, convincing myself that if i don't sleep soon i won't make it to work. The visuals are engraved in my brain and i'm lying on my bed still trying to figure out ways of improving it. Fuck it... i must SLEEP.

I wake up to my alarm going off half a dozen times and out of habit, i manage to hit the snooze button. I end up oversleeping but only to realise that if i don't get my arse into the office BEFORE 11pm, Admin will automatically consider that i'm on Emergency half day leave. So reenacting Smooks early morning sprint around the room, i race from the bed to the shower to throwing on whatever is in my reach. Times like these... black works well.

Trying desperately not to trip on Smooks whilst he decides to race around with me. Then disappearing around the corner to hide but only to stand up on his hind legs just as i reach the corner and doing some kind of Voodoo shimmy dance, which ends up scaring him more than me, he races to the next corner.

Finally i get to the office and the boss wants to see my visuals. As my enlarged thumbnails are printing, i need my morning coffee to calm my nerves. As i go through the pages, my heart races despite trying to sound confidant and trying hard to read his body language and facial expressions.

Overall, he likes the treatment and how i've layed out the grid [insert: huge fucking sigh of relief]. It's clean basically it's legible. Only problem is trying to make the photographs stand out more... the exact words used was... "make the property look more Grandeur".

I think i can do that.

No comments: