Thursday, November 30, 2006

'tis the season to be creative.

Today has to be one of those intense days where my thinking cap had mysteriously disappeared. Trying to crack an idea, a concept, an anything... was simply impossible. Browsing through books, hoping that some creativity would rub off or at least be somewhat satisfied. And ya know what... there was NOTHING!

And that PainInTheArse Project is still lurking in the background, so much so that i find myself consciously avoiding eye contact with my AE. But now i have another project to deal with. Potentially a good job to have but currently i am having issues with a design that has substance. Therefore i have named it the 'EfingProject'.

And apart from having Vietnamese nooOOoo-dulls for lunch today i went as far as moving from my seat to the padded red cushions to the bean bags. Shifting my arse from point A to B hoping that the ideas would flutter in my direction. I'm not sure whether it worked but whatever bollicky idea i came up with, i just hope when i show my boss tomorrow, he agrees that i'm heading in the right direction.

But with the christmas holidays just around the corner, my thoughts are invaded with going on a break and how i'm going to make this years' Christmas cards... yes quite pathetic really. An annual ritual which i had given up the last 3 years due to my work load and can't be arsed attitude.

However, seeing that this years' celebration is hopefully the end of a very fucked up chapter, i figured i'd make a wee bit of effort. Plus my sister whom i haven't seen in 2 or maybe 3 years is back for holiday, so that'll be interesting. Slightly nervous since a lot has changed since we last saw one another.

And by the sounds of this years' celebration, my mom is happily busy planning all sorts and is over the moon that the WHOLE family is reunited. I wouldn't be surprised if the Christmas tree is up already. And with the latest addition of a brother in-law, our family of 4 is slowly expanding, i guess all the reason to celebrate.

BUT now i just gotta think of what USEFUL pressies to buy *sigh*

I can't even remember whether i bought presents last year since i was swamped with work. Oh hang on! Yes i do, i clearly remembered that i didn't even have time to wrap my dad's present. I simply hid it behind my back and said "close your eyes" and presented him an unwrapped beautifully illustrated Life of Buddha book by Miho Tei aka Erotic Dragon.

I even used the lame excuse that wrapping paper was bad for the environment and kills more trees hence the paperless wrapping. However, this is coming from someone who practically wasted a tree when printing her last job. Believes that paper towels ranks just as high as 'sliced bread' in the 'The Best Thing since...' list. Never fails to request for extra square serviettes to a] constantly wipe sweat b] clear messes c] remove excess food from her face d] for just-in-case situations but never mind, you get the picture.

AnyhooooOoo... the drama of finding the 'right' gift is stressful. I'm just imagining an army of last minute shoppers ran sacking the shelves and hogging LAST PIECE items. Housewives giving me the evils and high school kids dragging their feet and blocking my way.

So YES, early planning is a MUST plus i should really start designing THIS years' cards before it's too late... eh.

No comments: