Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday's faded crimson patches.

I received a phone call from my land lady just now... "uh oh". She called to confirm whether i had asked for contractors to come to the apartment. My initial thought was "SHIT!" She's going to think that i've gone ahead and planned for a complete make over and transformation [I WISH]. I explained that i was just fixing a grill door onto my balcony and apologised repeatedly for not informing her.

The reason she called was to say the contractors were at the front gate and the security guards weren't letting them in because they weren't informed. More importantly, my land lady wasn't informed.

I rushed home during my lunch break hoping that my pint sized land lady wasn't waiting out front ready to give me an ear full. But she's at work and i had explained that nothing dramatic was happening. Plus she's a sweet middle aged woman that had once declared that she treats me like her own daughter... whether that's relevant at this point, i'm not too sure. So no drama there.

But i'll tell you what is dramatic. I decided to walk from my apartment to my office [a good 20 minute power walk] in the midday sunlight. Armed with a burnt out fluorescent tube, red mary poppins bag and somewhat matching beaded necklace, i started my journey. And having disposed of 20% of my body's water, i made it back to the office in one piece. Only to be drenched and feeling an oncoming heat stroke approaching.

I looked down to see i had red blotches all over my white top. And no i didn't have any cranberry juice this morning nor do i dribble. The combination of my much loved red beaded necklace and my possibly acidic sweat had caused a reaction and smeared itself on my white top.

And to add to the junk food intake, i went to go buy a fillet-o-fish meal and ate a soft serve on my way back to the office to make me feel better... [absolutely no relation to topic but thought i'd share].

So yeah, Monday has not only made me dehydrated and look as though i've entered a wet t-shirt competition but now i have to go through my day with ribena looking stains on my chest. Terrific!

No comments: