Monday, November 06, 2006

Nobody told me i'd get it for free.

I'm sure i've mentioned this before but i can't tolerate heat very well. To keep you updated, when i was first diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism one of the many symptoms were sensitivity to heat/light and hot flushes.

My last few months of being 24 i had a taste of what it was like to be on a hormonal roller coaster just like pregnant women minus the pregnancy part. And within minutes feel the sudden hot flushes that a menopausal woman would go through. Definitely not a ride i'd recommend to anyone of any age.

The only benefit i can see is that fate has given me a head start. Much like the starter packets that you get when you buy in bulk in the supermarket or pharmacy.

"GET Hyperthyroidism + FREE Hot Flushes + FREE 200% more sweat."

Constantly feeling warm in a tropical country is a given. But feeling like my blood is on the brink of overheating and my pores are sweating bullets like i've just broken through a fever is definitely not a pleasant feeling. Thank god i don't have a fetish for silk/satin tops otherwise i'd be sticking sanitary pads on the inside for extra absorption... definitely, not something i would try or suggest. THINK COTTON!

And just when i have my thyroids under control. I have to deal with the side effects of my A.D meds which aren't pretty. And should my daemons return momentarily because the meds have yet to kick in is something that only through practise and determination, can their game be paused.

I have had my days where i question each capsules' strength to keep me going and i have had days where i'm gripping on to them with dear life like an over protective mother who just gave birth. One would think i was schizophrenic but i assure you i am not. I am perfectly capable of distinguishing what's real and what's not, it's only when the two crosses paths that i get stuck. I'm joking... i'm fine... seriously!

It's been about 6 weeks since my last relapse and i can only assume the medication is responsible for when i say, even though the negative side effects are still alive and kicking. I have been relatively optimistic and generally in a better state of mind, unfortunately at a very heavy cost both mentally and financially.

Question i want to ask is, does being content have an never-ending expiry date? And if so, does it come in bulk?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say something deep and meaningful but I'm having visuals of you with pads (with WINGS!!!! :o\) in yer armpits!

<3 less than a month and I'll get to yell "Trick or treat smell my feet" right in yer face!!!

winkris said...

WIIIIIIIIINGS... got fleps!!!! =)