Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's moments like these that i get stuck.

Today's post was another lame excuse to fill up some space.

I always wondered what people's work area looks like. Fortunately for me, i quite like the office environment that i'm in. Quite "designery" is what i would like to describe it. Well considering that it is a design firm and i'm fortunate to be surrounded by warm colours and book cases filled with references.

But after looking at my one-minute composition of smart angles and cropping, i must admit the space looks quite neat. But should you zoom out in full view, my desk is a definite eye sore.

And i'm still in the office, not by choice mind you. It's pissin' down buckets and it makes more sense to stay dry in the office than attempt to wave down a speeding taxi that will do so much but shower me with gutter water.

And i was half way down the stairs, seconds after locking up for the night and THOUGHT, "shit i left my mobile on my desk". Made the hike up the steps and back into the dark. Didn't think of asking my colleague to ring my phone as i often have it on silent.

So i made my way back upstairs only to find it neatly tucked in the main zipped up pocket. Well done Chrissie! So now because of my bout of amnesia, i am stuck here praying the rain will stop soon.

Moments like these i wish for sturdy hands to grasp hold of my tense shoulders and ask me how my day was. Eyes that ooze 'adoration' and a gentle kiss that welcomes me home is all i ask for. But there is no such thing. And like every day, i am welcomed home by a kitten who thinks he's my shadow and a cold plate of leftovers fit for 'one'.

No comments: