Sunday, November 19, 2006

I wish my Past would stop interfering.

Someone once told me the reason why i get disappointed is because i put all my effort and energy towards one focus. And like a game of Jenga, all the work i put in suddenly crumbles with the slightest wrong move. It's disheartening, it almost makes you want to give up. It makes you want to throw those kit kat shaped blocks against the wall in hope that it would banish the hurt.

But why is that? Why is it that when one doesn't put any effort things fall into place. Is that why some people develop that come-go-lucky kind of attitude. Or is it because they happen to be at the right place, at the right time and are able to grab opportunity by its horns? Hmmm.

I believe everyone has issues, some more than others unfortunately. Some people struggle through life physically whereas some battle through it emotionally. There are those who are determined to get over their own weaknesses and conquer their ego, hoping for something better. Then there are some who analyze the past and the future, unintentionally forgetting about the present as it trickles away.

And as most adolescents, i struggled with dealing with my own emotional daemons and kept secrets. Wishing that when i got older, it would be better. I'm just a little older now. I've had my fair share. I've battled with my daemons and hopefully i am on the winning end. I've also updated my scrap book of secrets and they currently sit quietly hidden.

But why does it feel like i'm lost and 13 years old again? Lying on my front staring at the second hand moving forward. Each second going by is a forgotten second and a past i'll never be able to retrieve again.

And i just hope whatever it is i'm looking for, i'll find it soon.


No comments: