Thursday, November 16, 2006

My not so little red Mary Poppins bag.

The problem of living and working in an area highly populated with stores that give you a reason to spend is the fact that one must learn how to refrain from even stepping foot in those kinds of establishments. It's not good enough to have will power and say one is "just browsing" because honestly, "Browsing" usually ends up "Just Trying" to eventually "Purchasing".

And in the past 6 months [apart from my getaway across the border], my hard earned cash has gone towards unnecessary purchases like a] accessories/beaded necklaces/previously known as Stupid Girl necklaces - thanks to Pink's Stupid Girls video. b] Footwear that probably would be of more use if i actually used it as a hole puncher. c] Stationery that's just a replica of one i already have but thought i needed to update because of the new packaging or had a nicer finish.

But in light of my ladylike hairstyle that the professional had assumed would be more appropriate, shopping was in order. And as usual i walked into one of the few shops i frequent during my lunch breaks. Secretly wishing i would come across a gem of an item that i hadn't seen the day before or the day before that.

And to my surprise i did. Being very much a bag lady [definition; "carrying practically everything except for the kitchen and bathroom sink"] i came across a red bag and this was no ordinary red bag mind you.

I had made full use of my Olive Crumpler, White Little Match Girl bag and a Black Random store bag... the thought of a fire man red bag may in fact may be a nice addition. And to add to one of women's stereotype top weaknesses, i whipped out my cash since it was a sale.

And let me tell you, it's probably one of my best purchases thus far. Not only does it scream attention but it would even make Mary Poppins proud. Don't be tricked by it's size because it in fact packs in much more than the eye makes out. And so far i have managed to squeeze in an organiser, make-up bag, travel book, collapsible umbrella, a bag of medication, two small bread loaves, iPod, headphones, phone, pepper spray, smokes, wallet and some additional space.

So i am quite impressed with my 14 inch long red stitched wannabe Mary Poppins bag.

And yes i have just realised that this was indeed a brainless post about a bag that will no doubt dislocate my shoulder in due time should i continue to stuff it with unnecessary items. I guess that's the price i've got to pay *goes and hunts for those Camphor smelling adhesive stickers*.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, bag sounds really cool, pls post picture of this amazing piece.

Anonymous said...

miss poppins..it is a great bag..glad that u got it cuz if me and anbloodyfaber got the moolah, we would have got one! Instead my patent black heels suffice.

You need footballers pads to ease your shoulders not salonpas..you can definately knock a mat rempit off his bike with that bag. Mat REMPITS beware!

winkris said...

farrah: there ya go!

black patent heels: I wonder what else i can fit in there... hmmmMmmm.

laineylashes said...

haaaaaaahahaha..all i see is smooks lurking in the background of the pic & suddenly i don't know what i was supposed to focus on anymore. ahahahhahahaha :D

winkris said...

Lainey: Yea he's a bit of a show stealer. I did attempt to put him inside the bag but he was more interested to see what was on tv... ehehe.