Friday, September 08, 2006

Sexxxy Black

I didn't blog yesterday, not because i was busy fondling my new toy but i was heaps busy running all over the place. But have i got a story to tell you!

Here it goes...

1.30pm: I collect and sign for my Maybank credit card.

Then the rest of the day i try and finish off my visuals so i could get to Low Yat to pick up my sexxxy macbook [i've been waiting since May 2006]. JPEGing my work over to my boss cause he's overseas and needs to give the go ahead before we submit the collateral for the pitch. Then the next thing i know it's nearing 7.30pm. [It just pissed down a few hours before which can only mean one thing... TRAFFIC FROM HELL].

I remember the guy telling me that the store closes at 9pm and i was D.E.T.E.R.M.I.N.E.D to get my computer THAT NIGHT. Nothing would get in between me and my baby!

So i jumped into a cab and made my way to the nearest monorail station that way i'd beat the traffic.

I managed to find a seat but was wedged between some white, bony foreigner who found comfort by spreading his legs as far apart as possible and a local over weight male species who thought it would be entertaining for the whole carriage to hear his conversation on the phone.

On one side i was trying to avoid playing knees-ies and on the other side a human amplipher. I had cranked up my iPod so loud just so i didn't have to hear him talk, i think i may have momentarily gone deaf.

8.20pm: Looking as though i was competing for a walk-a-thon, i zipped through Sungei Wang avoiding pesky little children running loose and cutting across my path. But i made it without injuring anyone or myself. I stormed into the store and the NiceComputerGuy was there and his words were "At last" . He went to the back to get my packaged macbook *insert angelic harp*

8.40pm: I was brought over to another store in order to settle the easy payment scheme. So the cashier calls up Maybank to verify my details whilst i stand there ready to sign beside the little X. Then the girl behind the desk [looking as though she either hasn't gotten laid in months or her boyfriend just broke up with] looks at me and says...

"Sorry, your card has been declined.'

And just like that... my heart sinks... WHAT!?

So there i am standing at the front of the store embarressed and obviously pissed off because i had activated it just a few hours ago. So next plan of action is to call Maybank services hotline operator and then giving him my 2 cents worth of why i never wanted a credit card from their bank to begin with. It went along the lines of A) they're incompetent B) they don't like expats to own their credit cards in fear that we'd run off and not pay our bills C) The fact that they made me wait so bloody long to get the damn card and now it doesn't even work!

Minutes later, the guy explains to me because i have a credit limit and the amount is above that limit there's nothing they can do. So i continue with... SO WHAT!? I have to wait another 2 months to get an increase in my credit limit!? Why is it that i have 2 gold cards with HSBC and they don't give me as much hassle!

Patiently he continues with Mam, it doesn't matter if your monthly payment is less than the credit limit. It's the TOTAL that counts and apologises over and over. And says that nothing can be done. So i'm thinking, WELL FUCK... now what!?

I'm not going to get my computer? What is the fucking point of me getting this damn Maybank card if i can't bloody well use it!

Then the NiceComputerGuy comes by and calmly suggests that i put the maximum on my card and the rest i pay in cash.

YAY for me! Solution settled... i AM going to own this baby tonight!

So finally it gets approved and i sign my autograph beside the little X. Then we get back to the store and he's busy updating my new toy and copying over random applications.

He asks where is my car. And i say, i don't have one. I need to get a cab. So do you think you can wrap the box so it's not so obvious that i'm carrying a 6k piece of machinery.

And get this... HE OFFERS TO DRIVE ME BACK HOME!

So i'm thinking... OK why not? I have a Hardsequence meeting with the promoters and the crew in 20 minutes and there's no way i'm going to a bar and risk it being nicked. The shop is closing and he asks if it's ok that his car is parked at Times Square and trying to make small talk... he even carries the laptop and free goodies.

I reach my apartment and i shake his hand and say thanks... Seriously, NOW THAT IS SERVICE... ahahha! And no, it wasn't a "pick-up", sleazy kind of deal... honest! He was being genuinely nice.

I get home to let my baby breathe and then Goatboi picks me up so we can get to the meeting. We wait around for the late comers and it's 11pm by the time we start.

12.15am: I get home and attempt to log on to the internet but for some reason, it doesn't work! I opt to lie in bed and fiddle around with her to see what new functions have been added. The minute i lie down, i pass out. I wake up and she's lying beside me silently asleep.

It's only been 24 hours but i foresee a long lasting relationship with this one... a true seductive, dark beauty.

I have named her MattEbony
[Pronounced Mat-Ebony]!

No comments: