Thursday, September 28, 2006

I am on a mission...

I've always loved animals minus fish that do nothing but eat and forget [sounds a bit like me]. Then there are birds that just flap endlessly and molt when it's that time of the season, looking more like it's preparing for a roast dinner than renewing their plumage. Bird fanatics will argue that one can train it to talk and sit on their shoulder. But i'd rather save myself from having my ears pecked at and fluro coloured droppings on my shoulder... thanks but no thanks.

Growing up i've always had some kind of pet around me whether it was a cat, dog, hamsters, cockatoos, parrots, budgies, terrapins, turtles, rabbits, goldfish, sucker fish and a lady bug.

And when i was in Melbourne i had adopted a year old cat from the Cat Adoption centre. Such a little bitch but so independent, i loved her. She lived comfortably in my two-storey town house with her little cat flap. Spoilt by the top end food range and the various treats that the pet stores sold. But when my student visa ran out and i decided to put her up for adoption.

My ex drove me to this cat home and cried like a baby. Filling out the forms and donating all her toys and comforters. Then calling every week to see whether or not she got adopted. And because they couldn't release the information about the new adopted family, i was certain she was going to be put down. But just before Christmas i called and the woman on the other line said that my baby Gemini had found a new home.

But i still miss her even though she never let me carry her! And even those times she refused to sit on my lap when i was lonely. Or snubbed me when i need comfort. Or even hogged MY side of the bed. But she had the most beautiful face and the most adorable purr that sounded like a mini helicopter. *sigh*

And every day i walk past this carpet store near where i work. And there are these fat arse cats lounging near the window and my heart melts every time i see them.

I WANT A KITTY CAT! Not too young and not too old. Adorable eyes and one that will love me and vice versa.

So my mission is to check out SPCA next weekend and find myself a little something to keep me company and something to love. She can listen to my endless dramas and purr to the sound of hardstyle blaring from my TV... ehehe.

5 comments:

Duke said...

Momem??

He looks a little like a cat..

winkris said...

Momem?? << Huh?

SHE acted like a princess and was very independent.

Duke said...

Remember.... my puppy still needs a home.

He is better then a cat anyday

Ms. Redd said...

haha Cat Person vs. Dog Person
*snickers*

but hey...i think it's the first ever time i've ever heard any description that has the two words eat and forget. hahah

winkris said...

duke: ohhhhhhhh! I can't have a dog mate, i live in an apartment and i won't have time for his walk.

ms.redd: i love dogs, i just can't have them cause of where i live.

ehehhe @ the eat and forget. But it's true right? =D