Sunday, September 03, 2006

Stuck on my couch

As i was preparing to go to bed just now, my usual ritual is to switch on my air-con about half an hour to an hour before i go to bed. That way i can just jump under my doona and inhale the crisp air before i get whisked about to la la land.

BUT THEN... just as i was about to switch it on. There was a power trip. I'm thinking Shit, now what? Thankfully it's not my whole place but certain power points. One being the magnetic switch box for the air-con, water kettle socket and the power socket that connects my fridge.

It's happened before and i managed to get it working after i switched the main power off. But this time, it didn't work! Maybe my magic rubbed off the first time. My tv and astro works, which doesn't help because now i'm stuck watching Animal Planet when really i should be trying to get some shut eye. Plus i've been couch ridden the whole day and NOW i have to sleep on it.

I WANT TO SLEEP ON MY BED with the air-con on! *sulks*

But i've just dragged my doona out and i think i'll be camping out on my couch because there's a ceiling fan in the living room and there's air-con there too *sigh*

These are the moments that i wished i was living at home... and all i had to do was call my dad to help me figure out the situation. Although i am pretty capable of being a handy-man/woman but the apartment is old and the fuse box doesn't look like the ordinary fuse box i'm used to looking at. And it's too late to call my landlord and the office won't be open til the morning.

Seriously, i'm scared if i fiddle with anything, i'll electricute myself and because i've dead bolted my door, nobody will be able to get in. And should they break down my door, they'll find me and my fried internal organs passed out on the kitchen floor with my head next to the rubbish bin. They will also find my food in my fridge has begun to rot and my neighbors will just think that i like to watch tv 24/7.

Plus i'll have a dozen or so missed calls from the office and twice as many from my folks because they haven't heard from me. And all this drama is because i wanted to sleep on my bed with the air-con on.

DAMN THIS FUSE BOX... where is my genie when i need him?

No comments: