Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Truth be known...

I took a deep breath in and it was followed by a hollow wheeze. Stubborn to go to the doctor since i already know what he/she will tell me. She'll feed me a list of anti-biotics, some gluggy tasting liquid and some lozenges. Nodd and dismiss me and i'm thrown into the waiting room until the nurse hands me even more drugs for my system. So instead i'm self medicating myself and sipping cough mixture out of the bottle, like those drunken homeless hobo's [minus the homeless, drunk and hobo]. Basically i'm just sucking down the non-alcoholic liquid that promise to "loosen & relieve chest congestion".

And whilst i was making my mocha in the pantry [yes i know coffee/caffeine is a complete NO-NO when one is sick but you know what... fuck it]. I need a holiday. The last 'real' holiday was in February in 2005 when i went to Melbourne for nearly 3 weeks. It wasn't much of a holiday since i spent most of the time reliving my raver days and venturing out meeting all sorts of people. I remember getting very little sleep because i didn't want my time there to feel like i had literally slept my way through. Time was running out and i had to meet up with friends i hadn't seen in 2 years. Even those friends i pushed away and those friends i lost contact with.

Melbourne holds so many good/bad/ugly/funny/great/sad memories.

And as we're inching towards the end of September, i can only hope that within 6 months, i'll have saved enough money to visit my 'gay-lil-fucker' Paulstar and stay up all night and sip glasses of champagne. And as selfish and somewhat self centered i thought my polly waffle was, i miss him so very much! Although we barely chat nowadays, i do occasionally think of him and our many crazy adventures. I love you honey!

But between now and then. I need to focus on getting better [in more ways then one] even if it means telling complete strangers my story so i can hunt down the source of my daemons.

Let it be known this is NOT meant to be an award winning moment...

4 comments:

LeeWah said...

I miss you Chrissy!!! Come back!! I'll even make a special effort to come out and party with you if you come down for a break ;)

winkris said...

Heya dave!

Yea it'll be great to catch with you. I'd really like that. Yea don't worry, i'm determined to get my arse over to Melbourne next year. We can do coffee and lunch down in st. kilda like last time with Katie.

And i'll coincide my trip with an upcoming event... ehehhe. All-in-one package =)

Anonymous said...

i'll slap you silly with the Spastic Rubber Chicken if you don't make it for the trip in March duckie. We gave you ample notice to start saving so no excuses....either that or start rowing and we'll meet ya there...LMAO.

winkris said...

chook: yes yes I KNOW... I'm saving already! And yes i will DEFINITELY be bringing my arse ova with you boys!

HAPPY 27th TO MEEEEEEeeeeee!