Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It all dePENds...

I am a sucker for stationery. Ever since i was a kid, my parents would wait for me patiently whilst i doodle on the scraps pieces of paper finding the ONE pen that would keep me happy.

And after drawing various smiley faces and scribbling the words...

THIS PEN IS NICE! HOW IS YOUR PEN?

Eventually i would trot along to the cashier proudly waving my soon-to-be new purchase. That was until we came across another stationery store and i'd be at it again.

Now at 26 with boxes full of pens, pencils of various sizes and shades, you will STILL see me head towards the multi-coloured section and testing out various kinds. And today was no different. Prior to lunch, AnBloodyMum declared that she had to go and buy a pen. Which was great timing since the pen i had come accustomed to had mysteriously fallen apart after i kept twisting it open and closed during my last HS meeting [serious habit, that i need to break]. And now it sits in my other bag without the warmth of my right hand cushioning it.

So anyway, after lunch we headed to Czip Lee's in search for my pen. Came across a fancy German "Lamy" Pen. Which i must admit was absolutely lovely. It sort of looked like a tampon but by clicking the top it extends. It came in matte red, silver and black. Very shwish but i can't justify paying RM180 for a pen that probably wouldn't fit in the loop hole of my filofax and i'll end up playing with it so much that it springs open and breaks. BUT STILL I LIKE!

So browsing at the cabinets, nothing grabbed my attention... hmmm.

That was until, i came across the Faber Castell section. And after fondling various ones it came down to two. I finally chose the Faber-Castell E-Motion Twist Ballpoint Pen - Black FBC148341. The whole body feels like it's rubberised [much like batman's suit] and has this smooth twisty-kind-of-motion... ooOoooer... fancy.



I just hope all that twisting motion won't lead to me breaking it but seriously, it is trés cool! And for RM80, i can fondle it as much as i want! It's little and fits my little hands.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oH owner of FABer castell motion sickness pen... im telling you..im gonna blow my budget and get the red lamy dildo for my hand motion satisfaction.OOOeer..sounds dodgy..i miss my chrome one.. it shall rest in peace in canada somewhere in some hotel..boo hoo hoo! During my days, it was RM86 and now its a blood rip off..im gonna check jaya jusco and see if there are any discounts...

winkris said...

Two words for you... ROAD TAX! =p

Anonymous said...

Dood I can totally get you that pen. It costs like, €4 here :o\ That's crazy that it costs soooo freakin' much there!

damn we export shit to malaysia and it costs HEAPS. I should do import lah!

winkris said...

OMFG... of course, it's made there.

OooOoo ooOooo does that mean you can buy me it before you come down to S'pore... me likes the matte black one. I know 2 other people who want it too... i'll ask them what colour... ehehhe.

We can pay you in RINGGGGGGET =)