Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A date to remember...

There was a time when little miss chris would sit down weeks before a celebration, annual holiday or birthday and draw or make a hand-made card for a recipient. Even to the extent of writing a full blown essay on the inside of the card congratulating them and how much they mean to her.

The simple 'thank you' or 'happy birthday' did not exist in her card writing.

And as time moved along and my metabolism rate slowed down, my ability to remember important dates did so as well. One would say managing ones' time is the key and one would think my history of tight deadlines and hectic schedules would require discipline.

Unfortunately, i think all that craziness short circuited something in my brain and the urgency of being one of the first to deliver a present or card is not one of my priorities. So i apologise in advance to all those i have not given presents to or have wished you a belated. I honestly did forget even with the numerous email reminders and scribbled notes.

And yes there are no excuses because between each celebrated day, one has ONE whole year to prepare for the next. So again, i apologise.

One particular date is the 29th of September 2006. The day that my big sister [although there were times i was convinced she really was my brother but with flaps... ahhahaha... sorry, personal joke] has her big day. [Technically it is her second marriage but i never met the first guy and from what i hear he's a complete wanker].

But my soon to be brother-in-law and sister live happily in Germany in a town i can never pronounce or remember. All i know is it's a small town and very different to the life that i am used to. I hear about her homemade jam, wool dying experiments with kool-aid and how tidy and recycling conscious her neighbors are.

Much has changed since the last time i saw her, it must have been over two years ago. And the last time we lived in the same country and under the same roof was in 2003 and even then we barely spoke or spent anytime together. And it was only during brief conversations on the phone that we giggled over stupid jokes or past events.

But i remember it was 1996 when we spent most of our time together. Although 5 years apart, we went to the same college and shared the same friends. I had just entered my mid teens and she was finally legal. We did practically everything together from fighting to getting completed drunk while clubbing. Well SHE would get drunk and i would end up having to take care of her... ahahhaha.

But anyway, back to my point. I have finally found a little something which i am in the process of putting together. And have finally found something that i like and will probably be able to withstand the hands of time. So when she's old and wrinkly [which of course isn't too far from now =p] she'll still have it stored in some shoe box marked...



However it will be late but i intend to DHL her pressie over to her village/town/mickey mouse looking town... ehehe. And one day, i'll make my way over to her side of the world and inhale the crisp air whilst downing my 1 litre German beer with my soon to be brother-in-law.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWwwwwwwwwwwwww you got me a BOX!!! I love it! :D :D :p

Is it for storing my moustache collection?? lolol

I love you and I am sending you the addy to your EMAIL address so you don't *lose* it again lol

Anonymous said...

and AHEM
me? drunk?

yeah DON'T GO THERE CONTESTANT #2

LOLOLOL

winkris said...

Actually...

i was aiming for those hat boxes for your beards but they didn't have any in stock =p Although i was considering stealing some thread from mom's sewing kit and cutting it to size, so you can start your own 'threading' shop in your town... ahahhaha!!!

You'll be rich in no time!

=D PS i wrote ur addy down.

Duke said...

september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
september 5th
Every year the same day... so far... where is my present???

winkris said...

*runs off and jots it down in her filofax*

YES that's right, you're a virgo. Yes yes, we'll all celebrate when you come down to KL at the end of October =)

We can celebrate being in PD again and do a post Duke birthday bash... although i can't guarantee strippers but i am certain there will be bikini girls dancing at the rave... *spew*

=D