Sunday, September 17, 2006

Three Gals and a Pau

So last night we had Bass Agents & Friends with DJ Bone and Poison Violet. It was a slow start but by 1am more and more people started coming in. Considering Groove Armada was playing for a Heineken event at KL tower, i'd say we managed to get in quite a few people. Although presales weren't so hot but nevertheless, the dance floor was busy and people were dancing. I am SO looking forward to next weekend's event... HS pres Pharmacy.

Not sure who's camera i used [i believe it was Violet's, so once she posts them up i'll shamelessly steal them from her and post them up] but i was busy snappin' away and randoms and taking shots of the crowd.

I was heaps tired all day but by the 2nd jug of beer, my attention span grew and i was feeling slightly more energetic. And in my slightly intoxicated state agreed to go to an after party. But within 15 minutes of getting there, i realised that drinking more beer suddenly made me more tired. I excused myself and said i just wanted to lie down.

Next thing i know it's 10am. Not sure what time i crashed but it was a good 5 hours at least. So much for the drinking. By the time i got home my bed was my best friend and slept for another 3 hours.

I had agreed to meet up with AnBloodyMum, Charsiew Pau aka SashaPau and MissSeniorPisces in the afternoon. And was feeling EXTREMELY exhausted and slightly ill. What happened to the days that i could party all night 3 times a week and still have enough energy to frolic all over the place?

Got to AnBloodyMum's place and SashaPau was there. SO FUCKING CUTE! But i am convinced that babies don't like me. And after MissSeniorPisces attempted to entertain her with random toys, SashPau quickly grew bored. Which was the time that i got my 2 minutes of holding the little thug and all was good until AnBloodyMum decided to leave the room to get her bottle... and she started to wail and two miniscule sized tear drops peeped over her lower eye lids in sync. It was so adorable.

We headed to BSC and did the whole baby outing with the girls. You've seen those young mothers in Bangsar that chit chat over lunch with their babies soundly asleep beside them. Only difference was, there was only one mother at the table, a recovering-drunken Fish and a Yoga-ing Pisces. But it was still good fun to watch SashaPau drool and make random grunts.

So after inhaling food at Dome whilst SashaPau had a nap in her fancy McLarren push buggy. Our little outing was accompanied by the random waiter and waitress oogling over SashaPau. And as we were putting the pram in the boot, i had the responsibility of holding the little thug and surprisingly, she didn't cry.

Looking at my reflection... it dawned on me... SHOULD i ONE day have a little thug of my own... i would look like those cool 'rocker' type mothers that rests my kid on my hip and proudly displays my tattoo on my arm which cradles and supports my own little pau. How strange will THAT be! Although that won't be happening anytime soon! There is no man/boy in my life or any huge commitments any time soon... don't worry. I have issues taking care of myself let alone another child.

So instead, i bought myself 2 potted plants. Don't ask... i have no idea why. Yes i do... impulse buying.

At least i know it won't keep me up at night and scream voluntarily if i don't pay attention to it. Is hell of a lot cheaper and i won't be accused of being a bad mother should i neglect or forget to talk to it. Best of all, the only poop i have to deal with are 2 scoops of fertilizer once a week.

3 comments:

laineylashes said...

eee..you did baby stuff? are the maternal instincts kickin' in?! omg o.O

Anonymous said...

at least with a potted plant..if it dies..you can buy another one..shit..did i say that? i blame anbloodymum kicking our maternal instints in cuz i dreamt of carrying a baby and i was suffocating it with love. It looked like sashapau but it wasnt her..it was my baby and i kept forcing it to enjoy MTV..and some bloody odd reason..dutchman(u know who)and bertil were in my dreams too.. dont ask me who the father is? i dont know..and let it be a mystery!

winkris said...

lainey: Nah i don't think the maternal instincts are kickin in... cause then i'd be eyeing random babies and thinkin of stashin them in my bag when the mom's not lookin.

Madame: well... we'll see how the life expectancy is for them plants... hmmmm.

OMFG about the baby in your dream... ahaha... lol @ bertil!

Which reminds me i had fuct up dreams last night.