Monday, September 18, 2006

Eye cry!

Made a conscious effort to pass out before midnight but was distracted by Miami Ink and America's Next Top model [don't click if you don't want to know who won this season... because now i've just spoiled it for myself]. Next thing i knew it was inching closer to 1am and despite declaring my love for my bed, i found comfort lying on my couch in the living room. Eventually i picked up my lazy arse and made it to the bedroom.

And within seconds i passed out; lights on and specs still on my face. Then it was about 4am that i woke up to the rain pounding against the glass and my right eye deciding to be dramatic. Tears flowed one right after the other voluntarily and even having my bedside table light on made it worse. So me and my temporary mohawk stumbled out of bed to suss out the eye issue.

One word to describe it... PUFFY. Yes, a beautiful vision especially when the iris is surrounded by a seductive red vampire-ish tinge. So after repeatedly using the eye bath [in the dark] i was too knackered to pay attention to the stinging that i soon passed out.

That's when i dreamt i was in some play. I had a leading role in some school play but the costume i was going to wear was not yet ready and was about 4 sizes too big. It was probably one of the ugliest froo-froo dresses available. It was a cross between a bad 80's brides maid dress in white with yellow reflective material. Seriously, i would win the Worst Dressed Award in a minute and yet i still wore the damn thing.

And being pressured for time as my scene was coming up. The tailor was sewing ON these reflective yellow strips whilst the oversized dress was ON my body. Never mind that i was stabbed by the needle and the back felt like i had back pads [like shoulder pads but for the back... SERIOUSLY, i have no idea! The dress was fuckin' ugly, any additional elements would only enhance its' Originality element].

Next thing i know it's approaching 11am. Totally confused and unsure what day it was, it took me a few minutes to realise that yes, in fact it was Monday and YES i have that thing called work.

Was on my way to the office and still the crying eyeball was getting worse. It didn't help that the sun felt like lemon juice was being applied to my eye. So i sacrificed my eye sight and took off my specs and put on my sunnies. Made a quick pit stop at Japan Medicare and was later discharged with 2 eye ointments.

So here i am with my very sad eye and me wearing my sunnies in the office hoping that my eye will return to it's sparkly self SOON! Don't cry for me little one.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

i'm still trying to picture that yellow ensemble in my head
on second thought, maybe i shouldn't cos it would probably be frightening! eek. yellow reflectives? *gulp*

winkris said...

Yea man... it was totally WRONG! And i kept insisting that it looked fine EVEN though the stitching was totally off and it even had a plunging neckline... oh gawd, it was aweful!!! ahahha!