Thursday, September 21, 2006

Must LEARN to sleep early.

Had planned to meet up with Chook for drinks after work cause Brad and Derb are in town. But by the time i got home and i had stripped myself of my clothes and took a shower, i was in no mood to beautify myself and put anything decent on.

So instead, finished off my bag of tomato crisps. Then polished off the bread and made two tuna-melt sandwiches. Blogged about my not-so-productive day and then sat in front of the telly like a slob.

It was just past nine when chook called and already by the tone of my voice, he knew... i had already made up my mind that i was NOT going to be leaving my sanctuary.

Bored of my day and slightly paranoid that i was going to be late for work today, i popped a Stilnox in my mouth around 10ish and waited for it's magic. [Yes, they are prescribed and have been on them for over a year but i decided to stop taking them for awhile cause it became part of my ritual prior to me lying down... self moderation]. And although my shrink did say it's not addictive and are not REALLY classified as sleeping pills but SLEEP INITIATORS... it helps me to shut down prematurely. But this little 10mg pill stays in your system only a few hours and i ALWAYS end up waking up a few hours later and rudely detaching myself from my subsconsious.

By 2am my eyes sprung open and i could hear the TV outside and my room had started to become stuffy. Feeling a little refreshed, went to the living room to switch off all the electrical appliances and unnecessary light sources. Crashed on my bed and didn't bother taking another Stilnox... two hours later, i was up again. And then two hours after that [typical and i've gotten used to].

By 8.20am [and 10 minute intervals] my alarm[s] started going off. Lay in bed listening to the radio, which i have yet to change the station because i'm so damn lazy, that i'm stuck on Hitz.Fm. Lay in bed past 9 and did the whole shower + beautification ritual after. Was out into the wilderness by 9.30.

Long story short... i made it to work ON TIME *wonders what TODAY has in store for me*

No comments: